Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Basketcase

I am about as scattered as a person can get. In fact, if this post makes sense, I deserve an award.

I was never diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. I have family members who were, so I have to wonder if genetically I've got a little of that running in my system. Even so, I'm usually rather functional.

But for the past week, I've almost been lost. Like put my cell phone in the refrigerator lost. Okay, so it hasn't been that bad. It's more of a lose my to-do list, what was I just talking about, who me kind of lost.

Maybe I'm just overwhelmed from something. It could be a side effect of stress. Although I don't feel particularly stressed. At least I didn't before I started feeling scattered.

I could blame my diet. But I've been consistently eating clean. Which I've done before with no weird confusion.

Baby hormones, maybe? I know it takes a while for a woman to get her grove back after a baby. I can't remember if I had this with the last kids. ... Ooo, maybe that's part of it. Yes? No?

It hasn't stopped me from my goals though.

It's made it all a little harder. Getting all the kids ready to go in time to make it to the gym is hard when you can't remember what you were doing a few minutes before. And I missed going on Saturday, which honestly hurt my feelings a little. Threw me in for more of a loop than I was already.

But it wont make me give up.

I had a day where I forgot to eat. And a day where I probably ate too much because I forgot to watch when I was eating. But I continued to eat clean.

It didn't make me give up.

I've had to walk away from this post too many times to count because someone has needed my attention.

But I kept coming back.

The point is, as much as I spout rainbows about getting fit, it isn't always easy. I don't have a cleaning fairy. Lunch isn't always hot. I'm not always perky and ready to take on the world. Most of the time, I'm in my pajamas. My daughter's hair isn't combed. And more than once last week my kids ate gluten-free toaster waffles for breakfast because I didn't have it in me to make anything more nutritious.

But I keep trying. It's not about being perfect. It's about doing the hard work to be better.

1 comment:

  1. Super moon! It was the same for ALL of us at our house!

    ReplyDelete