Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cutting Carbs

A little heads up for anyone who is about to change their diet. Cutting carbs will make you crabby. I've never come across anyone that can say they didn't notice. Crabby and it can make you feel like you have the flu. Your body just plain aches. Everyone gets on your nerves. And likely you might start looking around for your favorite starch/sugar filled treat.

Don't give in!

It will pass.

Day 3-5 you will feel like a new person.

I promise.

Which makes me wonder, if your body has to detox itself from gluten and processed sugar (all sugar is processed), why don't more people recognize it for the drug it is?

If it were good for us in the first place, we wouldn't react so harshly, don't you think?

Anyway, I'll see you in a few days after my detox. Even though I know how bad it is for me, I still fall into the evil traps of grains and sugar.

1 comment:

  1. March 1st will be the start of my second month crossfitting. I didn't want to go so drastic in the beginning with exercising and eating clean. My body has slowly adjusted to more protein less starchy carbs, but now it is time to detox! Whew... I said it so now I'm accountable... LOL

    ReplyDelete